Hey! Welcome to Sebenni Ni Taama Podcast!
Sebenni ni Taama ( meaning Writing and Travelling) is your inspiring go-to conversation on all things wellness and personal development. We also touch on literature, art, culture, activism and travelling as tools to elevate our mind.
Hosted by Sebenni Ni Taama blogger and founder Djénéba Diallo those genuine and intimate conversations strive to inspire every one of us to reach higher levels in our life.
This uplifting and informative show features a refreshing line-up of guests, who share their journey to greatness as well as practical tips and learned.
You can expect :
• Practical tips and strategies
• Thought-Provoking and intimate conversations with some very special guests
• And a lot of surprises!
First Episode: Asta on Identity, Confidence and Lifting others
Djénéba sits down with Asta, a free-lance creative, to discuss her past identity struggles being a Muslim living in Europe followed by her journey to self-acceptance. Her passion for bringing in others their confidence and pushing them to deepen their goals and of course self-care.
In this episode, you’ll find out about:
• Asta’s identity challenges being a Muslim in Europe as a teen
• How Asta’s overcome those challenges and became a strong-minded individual
• Asta’s advice for overcoming any identity challenges – religion, ethnicity, gender, sexuality –
• Asta’s suggestions for becoming genuinely and confidently yourself
• How Asta learned to heal herself
• Starting where we are in terms of wellness
• Self-care and wellbeing is accessible to anyone, right now
• How Asta’s vision to empower others is a strong basis in regards to her confidence/peacefulness
• The importance of supporting each other to go even further
• Her concrete recommendations for those doubting their ideas and dreams
Resources mentioned by Asta:
• Application for getting started with meditation: Headspace app
• Book for self-confidence: Start With Why by Simon Sinek
Second Episode: Mariagoreth on Career, Purpose & Analysing Our Fears
Djénéba sits down with, Tanzanian media and communications specialist, Mariagoreth, for a career conversation. We discussed her career choice, choosing a career her challenges with employment, creating her own business and her search for her purpose beyond her career path.
She shared valuable advice career-wise such as how to get started in the career path that is right for you, setting up a business and she also offered valuable tips and practical tools for staying motivated along that road wherever we are finding ourselves.
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- How Mariagoreth got started in her field
- Her concrete recommendations for those wondering about their career choice and purpose
- The difference between a career and a purpose
How Mariagoreth overcame her employment challenges
The importance of listening to our fears and analyzing them on the road to success
- How obstacles always assist us to reach our goals
- The importance of learning from and working with people we admire
- Setting-up concrete goals and keeping tracks of them
- Practical tips for job hunting
- Recommendations when working for yourself
- The necessity of constantly building experience and staying active
Resources mentioned by Mariagoreth
- Listening to talks by people you find inspirational
- Books for motivation: The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- 100 ways to motivate others – Steve Chandler
- The impossible is possible -John Mason